Learn to Live a Healthier Life
Are you looking to achieve better and more complete health? Maybe you want to lose weight and keep it off. Or you want to quit smoking – this time for good! The good news is Health Net offers our members access to many wellness programs and services to live a healthy lifestyle. Best of all, the programs are offered at no cost.
If you're a member and would like to learn more about any of the programs and services listed below, please call Health Net's Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY:711).
- Fit Families for Life-Be In Charge!SM Weight Control. Learn how to eat the right foods and how to stay active to achieve a healthy weight.
- Diabetes Prevention. Get support and tools to lose weight and reduce the risk of getting type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes, Asthma and Heart Failure Disease Management. Get tips and support to help control these health conditions.
- Healthy Hearts Healthy Lives. Find out how to avoid getting diabetes, stroke and heart failure. If you have heart disease, learn how to control it to live a healthy life.
- California Smokers' Helpline. Receive advice and information on proven techniques to quit smoking.
- Pregnancy Education. Learn how to have a healthy pregnancy. Gain support from a case manager if needed.
- myStrength. Find tips to help reduce stress, depression, and worry. Also learn how to control pain and much more.
- Health education classes. Attend a class on nutrition, diabetes, asthma, heart health, health screenings, healthy pregnancy and more. Classes are offered in English and Spanish.
Would you like to get health education information? Whether you're a member with us or not you can get details on several health topics and referrals to social services at no cost:
- T2X.me. Learn about nutrition, vaccinations, diabetes and more through interactive campaigns.
- Health Net Community Connect – Find Social Services in Your Community like food, shelter, job training, legal assistance and more. We are proud to partner with Aunt Bertha to help you find programs and services in your area.
- Krames Staywell Health Library. Resource library provides more than 4,000 health sheets to help you learn about your health and how to stay healthy.
You can also call Health Net's Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY:711) to find out more.
Busy schedules make healthy living a challenge. That's why our Wellness Webinar Series is a great instructive resource to help you engage with your health – in an hour or less.
Monthly topics include tips for:
- Healthy behaviors.
- Exercise and nutrition.
- Managing diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure.
Plus much more!