Small Business, Big Goals:
Achieve them with Health Net in 2024
Delivering everything you need to sell and renew small business in Q1 2024.
The Cigna HealthcareSM PPO Network1 will replace the First Health network as the provider network outside of California for Health Net PPO plans with out-of-state coverage, effective November 1, 2023.
1 The Cigna HealthcareSM PPO Network refers to the health care providers (doctors, hospitals, specialists) contracted through Cigna.
- Medical: Q1 2024 small business rates will have a 2.4% increase for HMO plans, and unchanged net average rate for PPO plans.3
- Dental: New rates available. No plan changes at this time.
- Vision: No rate or plan changes at this time.
- Optional chiro: In 2024 all plans will have the chiro rider option. The chiro rider will be an additional $3.00 PMPM for all HMO and PPO plans.
These rates can be released now. However, you must include these disclaimers for the following:
- For Plans: Small Business Group HMO and PPO plans are pending completion of regulatory review.
- For Rates: Rates quoted are pending completion of regulatory review.
View and download our small business Q1 2024 premium rates and medical/vision/dental benefits for ACA-compliant plan policies, dental and vision, effective 1/1/2024-3/31/2024.2
Contact your Health Net sales representative to find our lowest rates throughout California!
Peak Season Broker Incentive Programs4,5,6,7
For new sales with July 2023 through January 2024 effective dates, we are offering a special commission rate of 6% for the life of the case, for groups with just 6 or more subscribers enrolled.
For details and program guidelines, contact your dedicated Account Executive.
4 Incentive program applies to business sold directly through Health Net only; excludes CalChoice.
5 Cobra membership does not apply toward total subscriber count to qualify.
6 Sales through General Agents do qualify for Peak Season Incentive Programs.
7 Health Net reserves the right to change or terminate this program.
As of August 10, 2023, Health Net has transitioned our select telehealth services provider to Teladoc Health (Teladoc) for all Commercial and Medi-Cal Members.
Teladoc Health (Teladoc) offers virtual health care that's convenient, with confidential access to quality U.S. board-certified doctors. Teladoc is an option when members can't see their regular doctor.
Medical appointments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from wherever members are. Behavioral health professionals can be booked 7 days a week 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Pacific time). Members can book appointments through the Teladoc app, website or call 1-800-TELADOC (835-2362).8,9
8 Go straight to the nearest emergency room or call 911 if you have an emergency.
9 You may receive services on an in-person basis or via telehealth, if available, from your primary care provider, a treating specialist or from another contracting individual health professional, contracting clinic, or contracting health facility consistent with the service and existing timeliness and geographic access standards required under California law. Any cost share for services received through Teladoc will accrue toward your out-of-pocket maximum and deductible (if your plan has a deductible). By scheduling through Teladoc, you consent to receive services via telehealth through Teladoc. See your health plan coverage document for coverage information and for the definition of telehealth services. You have a right to access your medical records for services received through Teladoc. Unless you choose otherwise, any services provided through Teladoc shall be shared with your primary care provider.
Health Net is excited to announce a national PPO network of providers outside of California administered by Cigna for Small and Large CA-based employer groups. With over one million providers and 6,300 facilities, the national Cigna PPO network offers a wide selection of doctors and hospitals, competitive discounts, and flexibility to support value-driven plan designs.
Members enrolled in PPO plans with out-of-state in-network coverage who access the Cigna Healthcare PPO Network are considered Health Net members who are simply accessing the Cigna Healthcare PPO Network at the in-network coverage level when outside of California.
Effective November 1, 2023:
- New business will have access to providers in the Cigna Healthcare PPO network
- First Health network will be replaced by Cigna Healthcare PPO Network for existing members
- Members will be able to find providers through ProviderSearch
Prior to November 1, 2023:
- Members will receive a letter announcing the change
- Members will receive a new member ID card which will include a Health Net and Cigna logo and will be mailed with an informational insert
The Health Net Customer Contact Center will be prepared to answer member questions once Health Net announces to members the change to the Cigna Healthcare PPO Network.
For employer groups, Health Net's PPO allows great flexibility in designing a benefit plan to meet the unique needs of your groups, while also offering members a wide choice in using in- and out-of-network providers.
You can expect more information from your Sales Team in the coming weeks, including timing of planned member communications.
Cigna HealthcareSM is an independent company and not affiliated with Health Net of California, Inc. Access to the Cigna HealthcareSM PPO Network is available through Cigna Healthcare's contractual relationship with Health Net of California, Inc. All Cigna Healthcare products are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of The Cigna Group, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. The Cigna Healthcare name, logo, and other marks are owned by Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc.
- Competitive selling:
- Health Net's Enhanced Choice offers small business groups a simplified package offering access to all plans with no limits to the number of plans and networks you can offer
- Chiropractic rider applies to both HMO and PPO
- Flexible choices: Two separate underwriting promotions.
- Straightforward enrollment:
- No DE9C paperwork required for groups that qualify for our underwriting promotions
- Health Net can be written alongside any carrier – enrolling on the other carrier is a valid waiver when enrolling at least 5 subscribers with Health Net
- Mix and Match any of our plans and networks. No limit!
- 2 weeks of payroll for a Startup Group of any size
- We accept PEO subgroups with a quarterly wage report or 2 weeks of payroll from the PEO
|HMO Platinum plans
WholeCare HMO and Full Network HMO networks
|Leading the way with value in 2024
Learn more about 2024 Small Group Solutions (PDF)
|Full Network PPO
|Offer the advantages of flexible, broad PPO coverage with competitive rates and a wide selection of coverage options
|Dental, vision, chiro, life
|Our business-boosting bundling discounts (PDF) make our ancillary benefits (PDF) even more competitive
|Telehealth and care access options
|We're continuing our expanded access to care options (PDF) with Teladoc, MinuteClinic, Nurse Advice Line, Find Help
Contact Us Today
Call your Health Net Account Executive today to get started! We continue to be committed to the health and success of your business and are standing by to help.
2 Please call your Account Manager for Grandfathered rates at 800-447-8812, option 2.
3 The above rates represent statewide averages. Actual plan rates vary by rating region. Percentages shown compare Q1 2024 rates to Q4 2023 rates.