Secure Messaging Center
Health Net has always been committed to respecting member privacy and protecting sensitive health information. In response to the privacy challenges posed in the Internet age, we've launched our Secure Messaging Center exclusively for communications regarding confidential financial and business matters as well as legislatively defined Protected Health Information (PHI).
Please use the Secure Messaging Center for communications regarding, among other things, benefit payments, medical conditions, treatment protocols, claims status, behavioral health issues and chronic illness management services. For general information, contact online support.
Accessing secure messaging
For best results when accessing our secure messaging client, please:
- Use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox (version 39.03 or prior). Google Chrome and Firefox, versions 40.0 and later, are not yet supported.
- Log in to Healthnet.com prior to using secure messaging.
- Once you are logged in, access secure messaging
Secure messaging FAQs
- What is secure messaging?
Electronic communications (e.g., via the Internet or email) maybe encrypted – essentially locked – by Health Net. Your user name and password work as a key to unlock the message so that you can communicate with Health Net on a secure channel. Our Secure Messaging Center uses an encryption system to safeguard electronic communications in compliance with Corporate Information Security Standards and federal, state and local laws.
- What security measures does Health Net use to keep messages confidential?
We know how important security is to you, which is why Secure Messaging has a number of features designed to keep your communication private:
- To help protect confidential information, you will be given a unique user name and password for each series of secure messages (up to 12 individual interactions per email thread). This allows us to verify who you are and must be input when you initially access your Secure Messaging inbox. Please keep your password confidential and do not share it with anyone.
- Three failed attempts to input your password correctly will result in your account being locked. After two unsuccessful attempts, please double check your spelling and the "Caps Lock" key. If you're still having trouble, please contact the Health Net associate with whom you regularly conduct business.
- Although you access Secure Messaging over the Web, messages sent between your Web browser and our server are encrypted.
- Health Net uses patented encryption technology that meets regulatory standards and has a proven track record for success in the Health care industry.
- What is a Business Partner?
A Business Partner is a person or organization that needs to receive encrypted Internet email through HealthNet.com, such as vendors, independent contractors, law and consulting firms, and government agencies.
- What if I need to access secure messaging and I'm not a Business Partner?
- How can I get a Secure Messaging Account?
The Secure Messaging Center is highly restricted. Secure messaging accounts must be initiated by a Health Net associate. To request an account or resolve issues regarding secure messaging, please contact the Health Net associate with whom you regularly conduct business.
- Can I use the Secure Messaging Center to conduct other business?
All messages sent via the Center will be automatically encrypted, regardless of subject matter. Messages can be sent to Health Net associates' corporate email accounts with the @healthnet.com extension. If you attempt to send an email to a non-Health Net account, it will not make it through the email security filter and may result in the termination of your Business Partner Account. Secure messages are copied and retained by Health Net for audit purposes.