Member Portal User FAQs
New Identity Access Management (IAM) Platform FAQs
Health Net members will have a new and more secure login experience coming soon. To create this experience, you will be asked to reset your password. As part of this new experience, your password reset link is emailed to the email address on your account.
You will be affected if you:
- Are a Medi-Cal member
- Have insurance through your employer
If I have multiple accounts, will I have to log in and reset the password for each one?
Yes, you will need to reset the password for each of your accounts on the affected portals. See this FAQ for a list of affected portals.
If I create a new account on or after the date when the new login process is in effect, will I have to reset the password to log in?
No. You can log in to your new account right away. A password reset would only be required if your password expired or you forget it.
Where will my password reset link be sent?
The password reset link is sent to the email address on your account. Be sure the email address on your account is accurate.
How much time do I have to log in after receiving the password reset verification email?
1 hour. If you do not use the provided link in the email to log into your account, you will have to restart the login process using the Forgot password link.
What do I do if I do not receive the password reset email?
If your email address is correct, check your Spam folder. Or, try to log in again.
General Password FAQs
What are the requirements for passwords?
- Must be 9 or more characters
- Must contain 3 of the following:
- lower case
- upper case
- special character
Can I reuse a previous password?
How often does my password expire?
Passwords expire after 365 days for members and after 90 days for all other users.
When am I required to change my password?
You are required to change your password:
- Before it expires within 365 days for members and 90 days for all other users.
- When reset by an administrator and sent a temporary password. Note: You will have 1 hour to change your password after receiving assistance with the reset.
Will I receive a reminder to change my password before it expires?
We currently do not send password expiration warnings.
What happens once my password expires?
Your account is locked when your password passes the expiration period of 365 days for members and 90 days for all other users. You can unlock your account using the Forgot My Password link.
Why is my account locked and preventing me from logging in?
Accounts are locked:
- After 5 failed attempts to log in.
- When the password expires after 365 days for members and 90 days for all other users.
- If users have not logged in to an account in 365 days for members and 90 days for all other users.
Can I change my own password?
Yes, you will need your current password to log in and change your password, or use the Forgot password link.
Where did my security questions go?
Security questions are not part of the new login security process. We now use your email address to verify your identity.
Where did my Sign-in Seal go?
Sign-in Seals are not part of the new login security process. We now use your email address to verify your identity.
- Once logged in, click the Profile tab in the upper-right corner.
- Select the member whose email address you want to update.
- From the select a member drop-down arrow, choose the member's name.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the EMAIL box and click the Pencil icon.
- Update the email address.
- In the New Email box, enter the updated email address.
- In the Confirm New Email box, retype the email address.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your password and click Submit.
Whom do I contact if I cannot access my account?
Call 1-866-458-1047 (TTY 711). Our agent will update your email address for you and send the password reset link to that updated email. We are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific time.