Gear Up for Q4 2023 Small Business Success
Delivering everything you need to sell and renew small business in Q4 2023.
NEW! Our National PPO Network for Providers Outside of California will Change Effective November 1, 2023
Cigna HealthcareSM PPO Network1 replacing First Health for PPOs with out-of-state coverage
1 The Cigna HealthcareSM PPO Network refers to the health care providers (doctors, hospitals, specialists) contracted through Cigna provider arrangements.
- Medical: Q4 2023 small business rates will have a 2.1% increase for HMO plans, and a 1.11% increase for PPO plans.2
- Dental: No plan changes at this time.
- Vision: No plan changes at this time.
- Optional chiro: No changes at this time.
These rates can be released now. However, you must include this disclaimer:
"Rates quoted are pending completion of regulatory review."
View and download our small business Q4 2023 premium rates and medical/vision/dental benefits for ACA-compliant plan policies, dental and vision, effective 10/1/2023-12/31/2023.3
Contact your Health Net sales representative to find our lowest rates throughout California!
Peak Season Broker Incentive Programs:4,5,6,7
- For new sales with July 2023 through January 2024 effective dates, we are offering a special commission rate of 6% for the life of the case, for groups with just 6 or more subscribers enrolled.
For details and program guidelines, contact your dedicated Account Executive.
4 Incentive program applies to business sold directly through Health Net only; excludes CalChoice.
5 Cobra membership does not apply toward total subscriber count to qualify.
6 Sales through General Agents do qualify for Peak Season Incentive Programs.
7 Health Net reserves the right to change or terminate this program.
Health Net is excited to announce a national PPO network of providers outside of California administered by Cigna for Small and Large CA-based employer groups. With over one million providers and 6,300 facilities, the national Cigna PPO network offers a wide selection of doctors and hospitals, competitive discounts, and flexibility to support value-driven plan designs.
Members enrolled in PPO plans with out-of-state in-network coverage who access the Cigna Healthcare PPO Network are considered Health Net members who are simply accessing the Cigna Healthcare PPO Network at the in-network coverage level when outside of California.
Effective November 1, 2023:
- New business will have access to providers in the Cigna Healthcare PPO network
- First Health network will be replaced by Cigna Healthcare PPO Network for existing members
- Members will be able to find providers through ProviderSearch
Prior to November 1, 2023:
- Members will receive a letter announcing the change
- Members will receive a new member ID card which will include a Health Net and Cigna logo and will be mailed with an informational insert
The Health Net Customer Contact Center will be prepared to answer member questions once Health Net announces to members the change to the Cigna Healthcare PPO Network.
For employer groups, Health Net's PPO allows great flexibility in designing a benefit plan to meet the unique needs of your groups, while also offering members a wide choice in using in- and out-of-network providers.
You can expect more information from your Sales Team in the coming weeks, including timing of planned member communications.
Cigna HealthcareSM is an independent company and not affiliated with Health Net of California, Inc. Access to the Cigna HealthcareSM PPO Network is available through Cigna Healthcare's contractual relationship with Health Net of California, Inc. All Cigna Healthcare products are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of The Cigna Group, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. The Cigna Healthcare name, logo, and other marks are owned by Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc.
Boost your book of business with our latest underwriting guidelines:
NEW for 2023
- Simpler selling:
- Health Net's Enhanced Choice offers small business groups a simplified package offering access to all plans with no limits to the number of plans and networks you can offer
- Chiropractic rider now applies to both HMO and PPO
- Flexible choices: Two separate underwriting promotions.
- Smoother enrollment:
- No DE9C paperwork required for groups that qualify for our underwriting promotions.
- Health Net can be written alongside any carrier
- 2 weeks of payroll for a Startup Group of any size
- We accept PEO subgroups with a quarterly wage report or 2 weeks of payroll from the PEO
|HMO Platinum plans
WholeCare HMO and Full Network HMO networks
|Leading the way with value in 2023
Learn more about 2023 Small Group Solutions (PDF)
|Full Network PPO||Offer the advantages of flexible, broad PPO coverage with competitive rates and a wide selection of coverage options|
|Dental, vision, chiro, life||Our business-boosting bundling discounts (PDF) make our ancillary benefits (PDF) even more competitive|
|Telehealth and care access options||We're continuing our expanded access to care options (PDF) with Babylon Health, MinuteClinic, Nurse Advice Line, Find Help|
Contact Us Today
Call your Health Net representative today to get started! We continue to be committed to the health and success of your business, and are standing by to help.
2 The above rates represent statewide averages. Actual plan rates vary by rating region. Percentages shown compare Q4 2023 rates to Q3 2023 rates.
3 Please call your Account Manager for Grandfathered rates at 800-447-8812, option 2.