Care Can't Wait
As a member, knowing where to access care can give you a peace of mind. If you haven’t already, set-up your first visit with your doctor.
Below are some steps you can take to manage your health while waiting to see your new doctor.
Get Care at a Doctor’s Office
Other providers can help you learn about your overall health too. Schedule your appointments today!
- Visit your eye doctor (also known as an optometrist) at least once a year. They can tell you about much more than your eyesight, like diabetes signs.
- Visit your dentist every 6-months. Oral health can impact your overall health and well-being.
Get Care at Home
Anytime video appointments
Can't meet with your doctor or need help when their office is closed? Use the Teladoc App for online video visits with a doctor or nurse! Teladoc is also great for urgent care issues when you can't see your doctor. Teladoc providers can prescribe medications to treat your illness when necessary.
- Download the Teladoc Health app to activate your account today. The app is available for download on the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- To sign up for Teladoc, call 1-800-TELADOC (835-2362), visit the website Teladoc, or download the Teladoc app. Visits can be by phone or video.
Anytime phone appointments
Your plan includes coverage for:
- Psychiatric services.
You don't need a referral from your doctor. Find a therapist or psychiatrist at MHN. You can also call Member Services and select Behavioral Health.
Where you live, work and play can also impact your health
Learn more about free resources that may make your life better.
- Visit Find Help to see local resources in your community.
- See if you qualify for state benefits like CalFresh and additional health benefits by visiting Department of Social Services for more information.
- Learn about disease management programs and behavioral health resources like myStrength by visiting our Health and Wellness resource webpage
Health Net's Nurse Advice Line
Do you feel sick and need advice? You can call Health Net's Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-675-6110 (TTY: 711) for fast and free advice. A nurse is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The nurse can speak to you in your preferred language and guide you to take care of your health care needs.
By calling Health Net's Nurse Advice Line, you can:
- Get information to help you decide if you need to go to the emergency room.
- Find out if you can wait to see your doctor.
- Discuss your health problems and treatment options.
- Receive tips to help you feel better at home when you are sick.
- Learn about your medications and health needs.
Get Care at a Clinic
Visit Find a Provider to find a pharmacist, local lab or urgent care center near you.
- Get advice on health outcomes and specific answers about your medications today. Visit or call your pharmacist to discuss your questions or concerns you.
- Better understand your health by completing lab orders and tests before your next appointment.
- Get same-day urgent care for non-emergency, non-life-threatening illnesses or injuries. Many urgent care centers now offer X-rays and lab tests.
Note: Go straight to the nearest emergency room or call 911 if you have an emergency.
Emergency care is for life-threatening medical conditions or severe accidental injuries.