Medi-Cal Wellness Programs
Learn to Live a Healthier Life
Are you looking to achieve better and more complete health? Maybe you want to lose weight and keep it off. Or you want to quit smoking – this time for good! The good news is Health Net offers our members access to many wellness programs and services to live a healthy lifestyle. Best of all, the programs are offered at no cost.
If you're a member and would like to learn more about any of the programs and services listed below, please call Health Net's toll free Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Health Net's Health Education Department offers the following weight control programs at no cost. They are designed to help you and your family be at a healthy weight. Call the Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711) Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for more information on any of the programs below.
Fit Families for Life – Home Edition
This is a five-week family program for your home. It will teach you how to make better food choices and how to exercise more. The program workbook is in English and Spanish and covers many topics. They include:
- How to read a nutrition facts label.
- Tips for adding fruits and veggies to your meals.
- Tips for eating out.
- Exercise, and much more.
You will also receive a healthy eating cookbook and an exercise band.
Healthy Habits for Healthy People
This program includes tips to help older adults eat healthy and stay active. Materials are mailed directly to your home. You also get a cookbook and stretch band.
Checkout the Fit Families For Life Video below, your family can do standing, chair and floor exercises for 10 minutes at a time.
Healthy Hearts Healthy Lives Program is a no cost program for Health Net Medi-Cal members. It provides helpful information on how to have a healthy heart. Available in English and Spanish, the program offers a tool kit and a tracking journal on tips to stay healthy. To learn more, call the Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The California Smokers' Helpline is a no cost stop smoking program for Health Net Medi-Cal members.
The program offers:
- Phone based counseling with a quit coach designed to help you and work with you. You can ask your quit coach questions and get advice during your quitting process.
- Tips and fact sheets on how to stop smoking.
- Nicotine patches is available to help you quit smoking.
- To enroll, call the California Smokers’ Helpline at 1-800-NO-BUTTS (1-800-662-8887). You may also enroll online at California Smokers' Helpline.
Health Net wants to help our pregnant members have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Start Smart for Your Baby is our special program for women who are pregnant. See your doctor as soon as you know you are pregnant. You can get support from our services below:
- Pregnancy education packet with tips and tools to help you stay healthy.
- Nurse Case Management for high-risk pregnancies.
- Nurse advice line. When you are not feeling well and need help to decide what to do, you can talk to a nurse via the nurse advice line. You can reach the nurse advice line by calling the Member Services Department phone number on the back of your Health Net ID card, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Say "yes" to your health and "no" to diabetes. Yes Health's mobile app gives you a team of health coaches. Get Yes Health's all-mobile Diabetes Prevention Program at no cost to you. If you qualify you can choose to download the app.
Health Net offers the Be In Charge! Disease Management Programs to help you manage conditions like asthma, diabetes and heart failure. This program includes:
- Tips and information to help you stay healthy
- Care managers are available to answer questions about medicine, diet, and screening tests to control your condition.
Health Net invites members who may benefit from the program. You can also self-enroll by calling the Member Services Department phone number on the back of your Health Net ID card.
myStrength is a safe and secure program designed for you to feel better. This online program provides many tips and tools to help you improve your mental health. You can use it anytime you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Sign up is easy!
- Log in to myStrength
- Click Sign Up.
- Complete the myStrength sign-up process with a brief wellness survey and a profile.
- Go mobile! Use myStrength on your phone. Download the myStrength app. Log in using the same email and password.
Health Net provides many health education classes in the community. The classes are available in English and Spanish.
Class availability varies by county and include:
- Asthma Basics
- Breast Cancer Early Detection
- Cervical Cancer Early Detection
- Diabetes Basics *
- Fall Prevention
- Healthy Habits for Healthy People*
- Heart Health*
- Medicine Safety*
- Sit Fit/Senior Fitness*
If you are interested in joining a class, please call our free Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*Also available for a Senior Audience
Partnered with UCLA Fielding School of Public Health and EPG Technologies, Inc., Health Net has created a health based social media website available to all teens and adults.
T2X gives you the opportunities to:
- Learn about health issues like asthma, diabetes, depression, anti-bullying, immunization, STDs, teen pregnancy through videos, articles and blogs.
- Share thoughts and network with others.
- Learn how to access and use health services.
Log on to T2X and get started today!
Health Net offers free health education materials and resources to help you stay healthy. You can call our toll free Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to request health information be sent to your home. These health information have topics on asthma, screening, weight control and more.
Health Net Preventive Screening Guidelines
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – English (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Spanish (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Arabic (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Armenian (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Cambodian / Khmer (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Chinese (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Farsi (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Hmong (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Korean (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Russian (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Tagalog (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – Vietnamese (PDF)
- Health Net Community Connect – Find free and reduced cost social services in your community. Find services like food, shelter, job training, legal assistance and more. We are proud to partner with Aunt Bertha to help you find programs and services in your area.
- Krames Staywell Health Library – Resource library provides more than 4,000 health sheets to help you learn about your health and how to stay healthy.