Drugs: Ensuring a Smooth Transition
Ensuring a smooth transition of your current drugs is an important first step for new members. You'll breathe easier knowing your current drugs are covered by your Health Net plan.
View our drug list to see if your drug is covered. Once you find it's on the list, you're good to go. If your drug requires prior authorization, you can either start the transition process or talk to your doctor about other drugs on our drug list that will work just as well for you.
How to transition your drugs
You can transition select maintenance drugs – those you take every day – to your new Health Net pharmacy coverage by following these simple steps:
- Review the Prescription Transition form included in your enrollment packet.
- A separate form is required for each family member transitioning drugs.
- Make sure each drug you wish to transition, and which requires prior authorization, is listed on the form.
- If your drug is not listed on the form, you may be required to have your doctor call us for prior authorization to ensure coverage.
- The form(s) must be completed and submitted within the first three months of eligibility with Health Net.
- Fax or mail the completed form(s) to the fax number or address shown on the form.
When we receive the form(s), authorization for each eligible drug will be entered into the pharmacy claims processing system, so you can obtain your drugs with your new Health Net pharmacy coverage.
If your doctor prescribes a drug that requires prior authorization, and is not on the Prescription Transition form or our drug list, your pharmacy will contact your doctor to either suggest an alternative drug covered by us and/or will ask your doctor to contact us to request coverage for the drug they prescribed. This is common practice followed by all pharmacies and doctors.
Save time and money with these simple steps:
- Ask your doctor about generic drugs that may work for you.
- Fill prescriptions at our network pharmacies.
- Be sure your doctor prescribes drugs on our drug list and ask if your drugs require prior authorization.
- Fill your maintenance drugs through our mail order pharmacy program.