Help Me Make the Switch
Switch Your Health Plan
Thinking about changing your plan? We get it! Your health plan or health carrier might not work for your needs anymore. We offer plans that grow with you -- plans that offer coverage for every stage of life™. Individuals and families can make a change during the annual Open Enrollment period.
Large employer plan information
Get details about changing to a Health Net large employer group plan here.
You can change plans if you qualify. Let us know if you've recently gotten married, had a baby or lost essential health coverage.
Eligible for Medicare? See the Medicare enrollment dates.
How to decide on a new plan
Look at your current coverage. What do you like? What do you wish you could change? To help you answer these questions:
- Take note of your yearly deductible.
- Research your medical costs and what percentage is covered.
- Review your current medications.
- Consider how many routine doctor visits you make in a typical year.
- Remember any medical conditions that may require special equipment.
Consider even more
It's a big decision. Make sure you're thinking about details, like:
- Providers: Check your new plan's provider network to make sure your current doctors are included. This is especially important if you want to keep the same providers after you've changed plans.
- Drugs: Look at your new plan's drug formulary to confirm coverage of your current drugs. Double-check the list because not all health plans cover the same drugs. See which tier your drugs fit into, so you know what your payments will be.
- Step therapy requirements: Some health carriers require that members try an alternate drug before they agree to cover the requested drug. Make sure to check the new plan's step therapy requirements on any current drugs you take.
- Medical procedures: Make sure any scheduled medical procedures will be covered under a new plan. Also, you should see if your procedure requires a waiting period.
Enrolled in a new plan?
Cancel your old policy today.
- Request a written confirmation or cancellation for your records.
- Refill any existing prescriptions. You'll want plenty of medicine should there be a lapse in coverage.
- Are you insured through the State Health Program, Medi-Cal? Complete the Health Care Options choice form to switch plans. Need assistance? Please call our Health Net Enrollment services team at 1-800-327-0502 Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time.