D-SNP Resources for Providers
On January 1, 2023, members enrolled in Health Net Cal MediConnect (Medicare-Medicaid Plan), or a dual eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) "look alike," will transition to another plan that provides:
- An integrated approach to care coordination: A dedicated care team works in coordination with you – the member's provider – to ensure all the member's health needs are met.
- Extra resources and support: D-SNP plans offer other benefits that can't be received through original Medicare, including preventive dental and vision care, prescription drug benefits, coverage for over-the counter health items, and more.
The content included in this section is intended to serve as a guide for providers who will be impacted by this transition in 2023. On this page you will find information, including questions and answers, trainings, communications, and more. This section will be updated as new information and guidance becomes available.
- 21-849 - Know How to Coordinate Your D-SNP Patients' Medi-Cal Benefits
- 22-435 - Heads Up! Be Aware of Changes for Your Cal MediConnect and D-SNP "Look Alike" Patients (Wellcare By Health Net)
- 22-437 - Heads Up! Be Aware of Changes for Your Cal MediConnect Patients (Cal MediConnect)
- 22-710 Prepare For Your Dual Eligible Patient Transition to a D-SNP and EAE Plan (PDF)
If you have questions about this transition or any of the information posted on this page you can contact us at: