New Health Net Medicare Broker
Training & Certification – California
Welcome to Health Net! We are glad to have you certify with us to sell our 2014 MA and MAPD plans.
Prior to marketing or selling any Health Net Medicare Product, you MUST follow each step listed below to ensure accurate completion and efficient processing of your Broker Agreement.
- Step 1: Determine Broker Type
You can contract with Health Net to sell MAPDs/MAs as either an Independent Broker OR a Selling Agent (not both). Please refer to the definitions below to determine which broker type best fits your individual situation.
- Independent Broker — is an individual who contracts with Health Net directly.
- Selling Agent — is an authorized broker who is affiliated with a Health Net contracted Sales Entity (Field Marketing Organization, General Agency, Managing Agency, or Agency).
- FMO (Field Marketing Organization): An FMO is an agency contracted to provide broad coverage for the marketing and sales of a health plan. Areas of support will include, but are not limited to, Marketing / Lead Generation, Call Center capabilities, and Administrative functions.
- GA (General Agency): An GA is an agency contracted to provide sales of a health plan. Typically, a GA's territory is somewhat defined and its focus is on Broker recruitment and sales. Areas of support will include, but are not limited to, Broker Certification, Sales Training, Product Training and Compliance Oversight.
- Managing Agency: A Managing Agency allows a brokerage to have Agents write under them. Please speak to your Health Net Sales representative in regards to qualifications, and details of contracting as a Managing Agency.
- Agency: An Agency allows a brokerage to have Agents write under them. Please speak to your Health Net Sales representative in regards to qualifications, and details of contracting as an Agency.
- Step 2: Complete an Agreement Cover Page
Contact Broker Services at 1-800-708-7646 to receive the correct contracting paper work based on your individual needs.
- Selling Agent – Complete a Medicare Producer Marketing Agreement (Appendix A) to affiliate with an FMO, GA, Managing Agency or Agency.
- Independent Broker – Sign an independent Broker Agreement to contract with Health Net.
- Step 3: Take 2014 AHIP Exam
- Step 4: Complete Health Net 2014 California Product Certification Training, Health Net Compliance Training and CMS Fraud Waste & Abuse Training
- Complete all trainings (2014 California Product Certification Training, Compliance & Fraud Waste & Abuse). Completion of these training's also certifies you to sell 2013 products. The webinar training is hosted on Health Net AHIP site.
- Health Net no longer requires Medicare Brokers to Fax or Email Certification documents. This includes AHIP, Product, Compliance and Fraud Waste & Abuse Certifications. All Certifications will be electronically transmitted to our Medicare Broker Intake Unit for verification and processing. You will be able to print a copy for your records or if required by your Upline.
- Step 5: Submit all complete contracting documents to Health Net Medicare Broker Intake Unit – Medicare.BrokerIntake@healthnet.com or fax to 1-866-581-1595.
- Incomplete packages will not be processed!
- Completed Agreement Cover Page. (Either Independent Producer Agreement OR Appendix A)
- A copy of current state insurance license
- W-9 (NOTE: The name on your W-9 MUST match the name on your state insurance license)
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form (optional)
- Step 6: Receive a confirmation email
- A confirmation email will be sent by HN Medicare Broker Contracting in 7 to 10 business days after a complete Contracting package is submitted. Email subject line is “Welcome to Health Net!”
If you need assistance with the contracting process, please call:
Health Net Broker Services 1-800-708-7646
Please Note :
This page is for new brokers who have never contracted or certified with Health Net Medicare Programs. If you are a returning broker and need to recertify, please