At Health Net, we're here to make it easier to do what you do best – identify optimal health benefit solutions for your clients. Take Decision Power for instance.
Decision Power answers the demand for long-term benefit sustainability by:
- Addressing the health needs of the whole person through integrated resources and support that span the entire spectrum of health – from wellness to health coaching, chronic condition management to end-stage disease support – all hosted on an integrated IT platform.
- Facilitating active collaboration and decision-making between doctors and patients.
Our Decision Power Healthy Discounts program rewards our members and supports their good health. We offer discounts on many services, including:
- acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, and nutrition counseling
- eye exams and eyewear
- healthy living books, magazines and videos
- fitness club discounts
- hearing evaluations and aids
- emergency medical service
- LASIK or PRK surgery
- vitamins, herbs, supplements and health products
- weight management
Informed consumerism – the power to choose, the knowledge to choose wisely
When it comes to quality health care decisions, everyone's different, and there's often more than one right answer. That's why members choose when and how to use Decision Power. By providing anytime access to a wide range of information, resources and support, Decision Power makes it possible to make health decisions based on individual values, situations and preferences.
Return to top
Online resources at www.healthnet.com/medicare
- Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ) – the gateway to ongoing recommendations and resources based on each member's unique health profile and goals. Among the highlights: Members receive email alerts on information and action steps to take based on their HRQ results.
- Step-by-step plans for losing weight, smoking cessation and nutrition are delivered through online programs and self-help tools. Coaching support is included to facilitate lasting, healthy changes.
- Personal Health Record (PHR) – captures the self-reported data from a member's HRQ, and any immunization and test records they enter, so they can manage and track their health. Based on the PHR, suggested next steps and things to discuss with the doctor are automatically sent to members.
- Health Promotion Programs – Learn more about making better choices for a healthier future. The six-week program provides practical information and useful tips and tools for improving member health and well-being.
- Medication Center – tracks prescription drug history; provides important education about drug interactions.
- Mental health support – resources for depression, alcohol use, eating disorders, etc.
- Tools – health trackers (cholesterol, diet, fitness), treatment cost estimator and hospital comparison reports.
Return to top
- 1–on–1 consultations – Members enrolled in a condition management program can talk to the same registered nurse every time they call during business hours, and they have access to registered nurses on the Nurse24 line after hours and on weekends. Conversations are not time-limited or scripted, so our clinicians have the flexibility to help with the member's primary concern while exploring and addressing the range of issues that may be related to and complicated by it. Decision Power nurses suggest and schedule follow-up calls to make ongoing contact easy for the member.
- 24-hour symptom management and triage support from a registered nurse on our Nurse24 line.
- Techniques to help patients feel comfortable in talking with their doctor and expressing their values and preferences.
- Pointers on setting achievable health goals and evaluating treatment options.
- Ongoing guidance/support for people living with a health condition such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, and depression.
- The Decision Power Wellness Health Coaching program guides an individual to change unhealthy behaviors. 1-1 telephonic health coaching provide support and resources that supports the individual in changing health behaviors they are willing and ready to change. Members can work with a Wellness Health Coach for up to 12 months.
- Specialized support from nurse case managers to help both patients and family members deal with the complexity of complicated conditions or treatments and end-stage illnesses.
Return to top
Decision Power functions as a data hub on an integrated IT platform with multiple channels for bringing in and sending out information. The primary gateway is our Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ), which gives members an instant health picture and more ways to take control of their health.
Risk stratification and predictive modeling based on data analysis enables Health Net to identify and reach out to members with chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, asthma and depression, and to others identified as high-risk.
Beyond data, Decision Power uses technology in combination with open-ended questions to build the big picture. The integrated database used by the clinicians and support staff reflect claims, eligibility, pharmacy, lab tests, lab results, and prior authorization data so they can quickly identify and address other health or life issues that may aggravate a condition or influence a decision.
For example, in talking with a woman who called the Nurse24 line for a migraine, the clinician would see that the member is currently pregnant and offer her enrollment in Health Net's Healthy Pregnancy program in addition to meeting her needs around the current issue at hand.
Return to top
Quit for Life® – tobacco cessation program
Our tobacco cessation program includes the following components:
- Coverage for any type of tobacco.
- Up to four proactive, one-on-one counseling calls, plus unlimited calls to a Quit Coach.
- In-depth assessment and personalized cessation plans.
- Comprehensive member toolkit.
- Medication support recommendations for over-the-counter and prescription drugs.
- Ability to re-enroll if member has not successfully quit by last counseling call through six-month survey.
Return to top
For even more information, please see the Decision Power page for our prospective members.
Members have access to Decision Power through current enrollment with any of the following Health Net companies: Health Net of Arizona, Inc.; Health Net of California, Inc.; Health Net Health Plan of Oregon, Inc.; and Health Net Life Insurance Company.
For Health Net commercial members: Decision Power is not part of Health Net's commercial medical benefit plans. Also, it is not affiliated with Health Net's provider network and it may be revised or withdrawn without notice.
For Health Net Medicare Advantage members: Decision Power is part of Health Net's Medicare Advantage benefit plans. But it is not affiliated with Health Net's provider network. Decision Power services, including clinicians, are additional resources that Health Net makes available to enrollees of the above listed Health Net companies.