Diabetes Prevention Program
- Total: 34.2 million people have diabetes (10.5% of the US population)
- Diagnosed: 26.9 million people, including 26.8 million adults
- Undiagnosed: 7.3 million people (21.4% are undiagnosed)
- Total: 88 million people aged 18 years or older have prediabetes (34.5% of the adult US population)
- 65 years or older: 24.2 million people aged 65 years or older have prediabetes
Content Source: National Diabetes Statistics Report, Fast Facts on Diabetes 2020
Prevent diabetes with Omada®
Omada® is an innovative, 16-week program designed to help with weight loss. It can also help to reduce behavioral risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes.
Over the course of 16 weeks, positive behaviors are presented in 4 phases:
- Changing eating habits
- Increasing activity levels
- Preparing for challenges
- Reinforcing healthy choices
Access is provided to:
- A personal health coach for one-on-one advice.
- Weekly online lessons to educate and inspire.
- A wireless scale that tracks success.
- A small group of participants who provide support.
More benefits of Omada®
- Helps pre-diabetics lose weight.
- Lessens the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Weekly lessons, weigh-ins, food and movement trackers.
- Peer group and your own health coach to support and motivate you.
- Learn and refine skills and habits.
- Weight loss is greater than 4 percent of body weight, on average.
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease risk is greatly reduced.
"Eating right, staying active and working with Health Net and partner Omada can help you reduce weight, lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease. With weekly lessons, weigh-ins, food and movement trackers, a peer group and health coach to support and motivate you, you’ll develop the skills and habits that lead to a healthy life style and greatly reduce the risk of Diabetes and cardiovascular disease."
- Todd May, MD, Vice President, Medical Affairs, Health Net
Todd May, MD serves as Vice President, Medical Affairs at Health Net, where he spends much of his time on population health management, health equity, digital vendor platform strategy, and implementation of innovative new member engagement programs.