Community Resource Centers
Community Resource Centers are closed until further notice
The health and safety of our community is a priority, and we are doing our part to curb the spread of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus. In response, our Community Resource Centers in East Los Angeles and Sacramento are closed until further notice. We are here to serve and support you via our phone lines.
Please call for assistance
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Call Member Services toll-free: 1-800-675-6110 (TTY: 711)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for help finding a provider or to speak to a nurse.
Our community resource centers offer free local services and activities designed to promote healthier lives. The centers are open to both Health Net and non-Health Net members in the community. They offer a range of culturally relevant services and health and wellness activities that include:
- Health education workshops, and wellness events. (e.g. Diabetes Empowerment Program, child passenger safety, healthy cooking classes)
- Fitness classes like Zumba and Sit Fit (a low impact exercise class for seniors).
- Social activities that include a knitting club, arts and crafts, and haircuts for seniors.
- Health plan enrollment advice and help for all lines of business. (Medi-Cal, Medicare Advantage, HMO, PPO and more). Also enrollment help with plans offered through Covered California™.
- Referrals to community programs and resources. This includes housing assistance, food banks and shelters.
Community resource center liaisons are ready to help walk-in visitors and callers with questions about our plans and product offerings. They also help members who want to:
- Change primary care physicians (PCP).
- Schedule doctor visits.
- Set up transportation and/or interpreter services.
- Be connected to disease management, case management, and other member programs.
- Have their health plan explained or read to them.
- Correspond with providers.
- Request ID cards.
- Learn more about their health benefits.
- Fill out Medi-Cal paperwork.
- Get help with billing questions and pay their premiums.
Busy schedules make healthy living a challenge. That's why our Wellness Webinar Series is a great instructive resource to help you engage with your health – in an hour or less.
Monthly topics include tips for:
- Healthy behaviors.
- Exercise and nutrition.
- Managing diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure.
Plus much more!
DPSS - Department of Public Social Services
A Social Worker from DPSS will help you enroll into Medi-Cal and Food Stamps every Thursday. Please call (323) 415-9120 to set up an appointment.
Fun and Fitness Classes
Fun and lively exercise classes for ages 10+.
Health Care Insurance Application Assistance
Find out if you can apply for no or low-cost health, dental and vision coverage.
Health Education Materials and Classes
Attend classes and get health education materials to help you stay healthy.
Make new friends and enjoy your favorite hobby with others.
Senior Day every Wednesday
Sit-Fit Fitness Class, Knitting Club, Hair Cuts for Seniors and Health topics especially for seniors.
Health plan information, resources and fitness classes that seniors can attend. Help to enroll in Community-Based Adult Services (CBAS).