Community Resource Centers
Community Resource Centers Update
Health Net's Community Resource Centers strive to serve the needs of the community. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Sacramento Community Resource Center will be temporarily closed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you need assistance or have questions, please call 916-309-2099 or 323-415-9120.
The East Los Angeles Community Resource is open for in-person services.
Remember, our number one priority is keeping our guests and team members healthy. For yours and our safety, we will require the following upon visiting us:
- Wear facemask
- Practice social distancing
- If you feel sick or experience any COVID-19 like symptoms, please stay home. You can call us at 323-415-9120 for East LA and 916-309-2099 for Sacramento, and we will be happy to assist you over the phone.
East Los Angeles Community Resource Center
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Sacramento Community Resource Center
Closed until further notice
Reservations are strongly recommended
Please call for assistance
East LA Community Resource Center: 1-323-415-9120
Sacramento Community Resource Center: 1-916-309-2099
Call Member Services toll-free: 1-800-675-6110 (TTY: 711)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for help finding a provider or to speak to a nurse.
Our hours and services options may change. We will post all updates at the Centers and our social media channels.
Our community resource centers offer free local services and activities designed to promote healthier lives. The centers are open to both Health Net and non-Health Net members in the community. They offer a range of culturally relevant services and health and wellness activities that include:
- Health education workshops, and wellness events. (e.g. Diabetes Empowerment Program, child passenger safety, healthy cooking classes)
- Fitness classes like Zumba and Chair Zumba (a low impact exercise class for seniors).
- Social activities that include a knitting club, arts and crafts, and haircuts for seniors.
- Health plan enrollment advice and help for all lines of business. (Medi-Cal, Medicare Advantage, HMO, PPO and more). Also, enrollment help with plans offered through Covered California™.
- Referrals to community programs and resources. This includes housing assistance, food banks and shelters.
Community resource center liaisons are ready to help walk-in visitors and callers with questions about our plans and product offerings. They also help members who want to:
- Change primary care physicians (PCP).
- Schedule doctor visits.
- Set up transportation and/or interpreter services.
- Be connected to disease management, case management, and other member programs.
- Have their health plan explained or read to them.
- Correspond with providers.
- Request ID cards.
- Learn more about their health benefits.
- Fill out Medi-Cal paperwork.
- Get help with billing questions and pay their premiums.
Busy schedules make healthy living a challenge. That's why our Wellness Webinar Series is a great instructive resource to help you engage with your health – in an hour or less.
Monthly topics include tips for:
- Healthy behaviors.
- Exercise and nutrition.
- Managing diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure.
Plus much more!
DPSS - Department of Public Social Services
A Social Worker from DPSS will help you enroll into Medi-Cal and Food Stamps every Thursday. Please call (323) 415-9120 to set up an appointment.
Fun and Fitness Classes
Fun and lively exercise classes for ages 10+.
Health Care Insurance Application Assistance
Find out if you can apply for no or low-cost health, dental and vision coverage.
Health Education Materials and Classes
Attend classes and get health education materials to help you stay healthy.
Make new friends and enjoy your favorite hobby with others.
Senior Day every Wednesday
Chair Zumba Fitness Class, Knitting Club, Hair Cuts for Seniors and Health topics especially for seniors.
Health plan information, resources and fitness classes that seniors can attend. Help to enroll in Community-Based Adult Services (CBAS).
East Los Angeles
5047 East Whittier Blvd.
East Los Angeles, CA 90022
1 (877) 698-7662
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
East L.A. Events Calendar – English (PDF)
Calendario de eventos en el este de Los Ángeles – Español (PDF)
3725 Marysville Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95838
Closed until further notice
Sacramento Workshop Schedule – English (PDF)
Sacramento Workshop Schedule – En Español (Spanish) (PDF)
Anger Transformation Workshop for Men – English (PDF)
Reducing the Stigma of Mental Health Workshop – English (PDF)